trouble – Adomonline.com https://www.adomonline.com Your comprehensive news portal Tue, 03 Dec 2019 06:05:36 +0000 en-US hourly 1 https://wordpress.org/?v=6.7.2 https://www.adomonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/cropped-Adomonline140-32x32.png trouble – Adomonline.com https://www.adomonline.com 32 32 ‘Errand boy’ in trouble for forging documents https://www.adomonline.com/errand-boy-in-trouble-for-forging-documents/ Tue, 03 Dec 2019 06:05:33 +0000 https://www.adomonline.com/?p=1728504 A 36-year-old businessman, Frank Nti Adjei, is sweating under the heat of the law for allegedly forging the signature on a tenancy agreement in the name of her boss while he was an errand boy.

He is accused of forging a property document worth GH?66,646 in the absence of the former boss, Elizabeth Adomah.

He pleaded not guilty two counts of stealing contrary to Section 124 (1) of the Criminal Code and forgery contrary to Section 159 of the same Act.

The facts of the case as presented by the Prosecutor, Chief Inspector Isaac Anquandah, are that the complainant is a businesswoman, Elizabeth Adomah, living at Dzorwulu in Accra, while the accused used to be an errand boy to the complainant.

ALSO: Photos: 10 Western Togoland secessionists remanded

ALSO: Parliament approves withdrawal of Referendum

The complainant had a tenancy agreement with Scancom Ghana Limited which was to expire on Jun 30, 2014.

However, in March 2014, the complainant travelled to the United States of America for medical treatment.

During her absence, on April 24, 2014, the accused without the consent of the complainant wrote a letter to the Scancom Ghana Limited asking for a renewal in May that same year.

Adjei is alleged to have, forged the agreement demanding an increment of 10 per cent and insisted the money be paid into one of his accounts.

Scancom Ghana Limited then paid an annual amount of GH66, 646.80 into the accused person’s bank account on July 16, 2014.

The accused person upon receipt of the money withdrew parts of the money on different dates.

“The complainant returned from USA only to be told by Scancom Ghana Limited that the said property has been renewed and believed to have been signed by her,” Chief Anquandah told the court presided by Ruby Aryeetey.

The prosecutor said on September 6, 2016, a report was made and the accused was arrested.

During the investigation, it came to light that, the accused person wrote a letter to Scancom Ghana Limited without the knowledge of the complainant.

An amount of GH22,200.00 has so far been retrieved from the accused during the investigation and handed over to the complainant.

After investigation, he was charged with the offences and put before the court.

]]>
Audio: Trouble for people who litter streets https://www.adomonline.com/audio-trouble-for-people-who-litter-streets/ Thu, 27 Jun 2019 13:27:03 +0000 https://www.adomonline.com/?p=1678504

The Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources has said that people who litter the streets would be arrested and prosecuted.

According to Mrs Cecilia Dapaah, there are laws that prevent people from littering but they are not applied and therefore his outfit, together with sanitation taskforce, will deal with people involved in the act.

ALSO: Banker in court for stealing GHC 62,000 from customers

“We will leave no stone unturned in the application of these laws and go to all length to make the law work. We have begun prosecuting sanitation offenders already but we will continue to do more and ensure that these people are dealt with drastically,” she told Accra based Okay FM, monitored by Adomonline.com.

Mrs Dapaah said though a number of bins have been distributed to prevent littering, the taskforce would be forced to effect more arrests in order to bring sanity.

ALSO: World Vision intensifies war against child marriage in Ghana

She said they made some arrests recently and fined them after educating them, but since the behaviour of members of the public has not changed the application of the law is the way to go.

Source: Adomonline.com | Dorcas Abedu-Kennedy

]]>
Canadian girls kidnap: Education Ministry PRO in trouble over Facebook post https://www.adomonline.com/canadian-girls-kidnap-education-ministry-pro-in-trouble-over-facebook-post/ Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:28:26 +0000 https://www.adomonline.com/?p=1673755 The Accra Region Police Command is investigating Education Ministry PRO, following a Facebook post relating to the rescued Canadian women who were abducted on June 4.

Vincent Ekow Assifuah is being investigated for posting on his Facebook timeline on Wednesday, June 12, that one of the suspects identified as only as Seidu, is a close associate of a businessman, Ibrahim Mahama.

Police invited him Thursday, following an official complaint lodged by Mr Mahama, who is also the brother of former president John Dramani Mahama.

ALSO: It’s discriminatory to prevent dual citizens from holding appointments – Prof. Kwaku Asare

Although the post is no longer on Mr Assifuah’s timeline, the businessman is believed to be hurt by the comment and wants him dealt with by law.

Bailen Chitty (left) and Lauren Patricia Catherine went missing since June 4, 2019, after four men bundled them into a red Toyota Corolla car at the entrance of their private hostel at Nhyiaeso in Kumasi.

ALSO: Watch Video+Photos for NDC ‘evidence’ to show Canadian ladies’ kidnappers are Delta Force members

Their captors held them under unhygienic conditions in a two-bedroom apartment located at a settlement at Kenyasi-Achiase in the Ashanti Region capital, Kumasi.

The semi-completed building is outgrown with weeds and appears to have been unoccupied long before the kidnapped ladies were taken there.

ALSO: Recent kidnappings: Police urged to use ‘Anas’ style to fight crime (Audio)

Close Circuit Television (CCTV) footage of the scene is said to have led to arrest of ten people in separate operations at Sawaba in Asokore Mampong Municipality and Kenyasi-Achiase, leading to the rescue of the women.

Source: Myjoyonline.com

]]>
Two women in trouble for causing harm https://www.adomonline.com/two-women-trouble-causing-harm/ Sat, 20 May 2017 10:36:57 +0000 http://35.232.176.128/ghana-news/?p=128321 Two women, Mavis Tetteh aka Beauty, 25, and Naomi Agbodzalu also 25, both traders, have appeared before the Odumase- Krobo Circuit court for using an offensive weapon, causing harm, stealing and abetment of crime.

While Mavis was charged for use of offensive weapon, causing harm and stealing, Naomi was charged for abetment of crime.

They were each bailed in the sum of GH¢35,000 with a surety to appear in court at a later date.

The prosecutor, Detective Inspector Simon Kwadzo Gavor, told the court, presided over by Frank Yaw Gbeddy, that the complainant, Adiza Salifu, 28, was an old student of the Abro Media Institute at Somanya.

The prosecutor said on April 17, 2017, Adiza and her friends, including the witness in the case went to the Tycoon Spot, a drinking spot at Somanya, to have fun.

According to Detective Inspector Gavor, at around 1.00 a.m, Adiza and her friends were standing in front of the spot when Mavis suddenly appeared on the scene and started insulting Adiza.

According to the prosecutor, Mavis told Adiza that she was a village girl holding an Iphone 7 Plus and that she, Mavis, also had one given to her by her own husband and she did not know who gave same to Adiza.

The prosecutor said Adiza decided to leave the spot but Mavis suddenly threw a bottle in her face which injured her.

He said both Mavis and Naomi, together with other friends, surrounded Adiza and hit her phone from her hand.

He said when Adiza tried to pick up the phone, Mavis kicked it away.

The prosecution said Naomi picked up a broken bottle and gave it to Mavis which she used to stab Adiza several times.

He said when the two saw the harm they had caused, they left the scene in a waiting car.

He said Adiza rushed to the police station and made a report which led to their arrest.

During police interrogation, the two said it was rather Adiza who initiated the misunderstanding when they met at the drinking spot.

]]>