finger – Adomonline.com https://www.adomonline.com Your comprehensive news portal Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:36:07 +0000 en-US hourly 1 https://wordpress.org/?v=6.7.2 https://www.adomonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/cropped-Adomonline140-32x32.png finger – Adomonline.com https://www.adomonline.com 32 32 [Video]:Praye Tietia loses finger to firecrackers https://www.adomonline.com/videopraye-tietia-loses-finger-to-firecrackers/ Sat, 04 Jan 2020 09:21:02 +0000 https://www.adomonline.com/?p=1738071 Praye Tietia, husband of actress Selly Galley revealed he lost his forefinger to firecrackers on the dawn of New Year.

Praye Tietia, born Stephen Fiawoo’s joyous celebration was cut short when the huge firecracker he lighted malfunctioned, cutting the tip of his forefinger while his wife took to her heels.

In a video posted by Selly Galley on Instagram which reveals how the incident took place, Praye Tietia immediately dropped the firecracker upon realizing he had been injured.

SEE ALSO:DJ Switch listed among top 100 global child prodigies

READ ON: Ghana has shame queens, not slay queens – Counselor

He proved experience is indeed the best teacher as he cautioned the public against the dangers of firecrackers, insisting they are dangerous.

“This is what happened to me this dawn after 12am. Please let’s all be advised against firecrackers/ knockout, they are extremely dangerous. Graphic image please proceed with caution,” the singer posted on his snap.

Meanwhile, taking to her Instagram page, Selly Galley disclosed he is recovering very well.

]]>
Teacher in court for allegedly ‘fingering’ seven year old girl https://www.adomonline.com/teacher-court-allegedly-fingering-seven-year-old-girl/ Wed, 13 Sep 2017 06:17:51 +0000 http://35.232.176.128/ghana-news/?p=487301 A 27-year old teacher, who is accused of inserting his finger into the vagina of a seven-year old girl after sucking her breast, has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.

Joseph Asamoah Offei charged with indecent assault pleaded not guilty.

The court presided over by Mrs. Jane Harriet Akweley Quaye admitted Offei to bail in the sum of GH¢50,000.00 with two sureties who are gainfully employed.

However, soon after court proceedings, the accused told the Police that he has been abandoned by his family and no one was going to stand as surety for him.

According to the accused soon after his mother heard about his case, she collapsed.

Prosecuting Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire told the court the complainant is a contractor residing at Ofankor and he is the father of the victim.

On August 22, this year, around noon, Offei a pupil teacher on duty during the vacation classes, taught the victim and her colleagues.

While teaching, according to prosecution, Offei went to sit beside the victim at the back and inserted his finger into her vagina.

Chief Inspector Atimbire said soon after the class, Offei lured the victim into another class and sucked her breast.

The victim who could not stand the ordeal began crying and went to her sister in class four to inform her about the incident.

The prosecutor said when the victim got home she informed the complainant who also lodged a complainant with the Police and a medical form was issued to him to send the victim to the hospital for examination.

Later, the prosecution said the matter was referred to the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit (DOVVSU) for further investigation.

]]>
Ghanaian who lost fingers to frostbite in trek to Canada gets refugee status https://www.adomonline.com/ghanaian-lost-fingers-frostbite-trek-canada-gets-refugee-status/ Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:19:42 +0000 http://35.232.176.128/ghana-news/?p=180581 More than five months after he almost froze to death walking across the Canada-United States border, eventually losing his fingers to frostbite, Razak Iyal was granted refugee status Tuesday.

“If I go back to Ghana, I might lose all my life. But here I am, I just lost my fingers, but I’m still part of the society,” Iyal, 35, said after his closed-door Immigration and Refugee board hearing.

“I thank God that I’ve been accepted to stay in Canada, to be a Canadian. And what I have in me, I’ll make sure I share it with the community, with the people.”

Iyal was among the first in the recent wave of refugee claimants sneaking across the border from the United States out of fear of being deported back to their home country.

After meeting up with another man from Ghana, Seidu Mohammed, at a bus station in Minneapolis, the two men took a bus to Grand Forks, N.D., and then a taxi to an area near the border.

It was Christmas Eve and the overnight windchill dipped to -30 C as the men walked though snowy fields in the darkness for hours. They were not dressed for such an excursion, and suffered severe frostbite before being noticed by a trucker after crossing into Canada.

They would spend weeks recovering in hospital. Iyal lost all his fingers but kept his thumbs. Mohammed lost all ten digits.

“I can do a lot of things that people who have fingers can do,” said Iyal, who dreams of bringing his wife to Canada and opening an electronics business similar to one he had in Ghana.

Iyal said he fled Ghana because his five siblings were out to kill him in a dispute over the inheritance of his late father’s property. A local politician was involved, he said.

After he arrived in Canada, some media reports in Ghana said he was a homosexual. It’s not true, he said, but the reports added to the danger he would face if returned home due to the African nation’s treatment of gays and lesbians.

“There is no place in Ghana, which is geographically a very small country, that he could ever be safe,” his lawyer, Bashir Khan, told reporters.

Iyal and Mohammed both had their claims for asylum rejected in the United States, so they would have been turned back at an official border crossing under the Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement.

Like hundreds of others in recent months, they opted to try to sneak across the border, knowing that they would get a refugee hearing if they made it on to Canadian soil before turning themselves in.

Mohammed, who is bisexual and a professional soccer player, had his refugee claim approved last month.

]]>